Oh, my dear friend, I see headlines exactly like this circulating all the time, and I know they can make you look at your favorite produce with a sudden sense of dread! "Causes what?!" It is so easy to let sensationalism make us second-guess the foods that bring us the most joy and nourishment.
At 73, living alone in my cozy farmhouse, I have made it my personal mission to be the absolute best, calmest advocate for my own health. Between keeping a watchful eye on my circulation, monitoring those sudden, unexplained purple blotches on my arms, and doing everything I can to stay proactive about maintaining flexible, healthy blood vessels, I know one thing for certain: panic and fear-mongering are the absolute last things our bodies need.
So, I put the kettle on, brewed a soothing cup of my favorite ginger tea, and looked into the actual "health science" behind this alarming claim.
Grab your favorite cozy sweater, and let’s separate the clickbait drama from the practical, science-backed facts so you can enjoy your food with absolute peace of mind!
⚠️ A Gentle Wellness Disclaimer
I am a wellness enthusiast, not a doctor. While avocados are a wonderfully nutritious whole food, always partner with your healthcare provider for personalized dietary advice, especially if you are managing specific health conditions or taking medications.
The "Health Science" Reality: What Do Avocados Actually Cause?
First, take a deep breath. The medical and nutritional consensus is overwhelmingly positive! When doctors talk about what eating avocados "causes," they are usually referring to a cascade of wonderful, vascular-supporting benefits.
Here is the beautiful science behind it:
- It Causes Relaxed Blood Vessels: Avocados are rich in heart-healthy monounsaturated fats (specifically oleic acid). These fats help reduce inflammation and promote the production of nitric oxide, which gently dilates and relaxes blood vessel walls, promoting steady, healthy blood flow. this is exactly what I look for to help keep my circulation steady and support the health of my capillaries—which is a key part of my routine to help keep those unexplained purple blotches on my arms at bay!
- It Causes Steadier Blood Pressure: A single avocado contains more potassium than a banana! This vital mineral actively helps counteract the effects of dietary sodium, preventing the water retention that strains our veins.
- It Causes Better Nutrient Absorption: The healthy fats in avocados act as a vehicle, helping your body absorb fat-soluble vitamins (like Vitamins A, D, E, and K) from the other vegetables on your plate.
The Health Connection: Why Calm Nourishment Matters

