Whether it is genuine agarwood or simply a curious little find, the idea behind it is beautiful. As I always remind myself, stress spikes cortisol, which constricts our blood vessels and isn't kind to our circulation (or those unexplained purple blotches on our arms!).
Having a small object that serves as a tactile reminder to take a deep breath, smell something earthy, and ground oneself is a wonderful tool for vascular health. It’s a form of aromatherapy that lowers the heart rate and promotes a sense of safety.
The "Avocado Lover's" Mindful Moment
Since I have a strong personal preference for avocados and incorporate them into almost every single aspect of my life (even though my children absolutely do not share my liking for them, which just means I get to enjoy the whole, glorious batch all to myself!), I love the idea of engaging the senses to stay present.
If this little pellet is indeed agarwood, you might try placing it on a small dish near your kitchen island while you prepare your daily 3-Ingredient Circulation-Supporting Toast. The combination of the warm, woody scent and the fresh, bright aroma of lemon and avocado would create a truly luxurious, spa-like atmosphere in your own home.
A Gentle Next Step:
Why not ask your husband about it with a smile? You could say, "I found this little treasure in your pocket. It smells so interesting—is it a special incense pellet?" His reaction will likely tell you everything you need to know! If he smiles and nods, you’ll know you’ve discovered a little piece of his personal tranquility. If he looks confused, it might just be a mysterious piece of lint or an old gum drop!
Either way, it’s a lovely reminder that there is beauty and mystery in the everyday things we overlook.
.jpg)